- « "They're back and they're hungry." »
- — Season tagline
Primeval: New World was a Canadian television program, and a spin-off to the original British Primeval series. New World was set in Vancouver, Canada, and followed a new Anomaly research team: the Special Projects Group.
Space originally announced on 7 March, 2012 that production for Primeval: New World was underway. One season of Primeval: New World containing thirteen 45 minute episodes was subsequently produced and developed in association with Space and Impossible Pictures. The episodes subsequently aired on Space in late 2012 - early 2013 and on Watch in late 2013.
On 21 February 2013, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Primeval: New World had been cancelled after a single season. Low ratings for the series caused Space and Bell Media to decide against renewing the show for a second season. However, attempts have been made to try and change the decision to cancel Primeval: New World and get the show renewed for a second season. Since 2013, no other broadcaster has expressed interest in renewing New World.
Primeval: New World follows the Special Projects Group of Cross Photonics - a team of animal experts and scientists led by Cross Photonics visionary inventor Evan Cross - and their investigation into the Anomalies and their attempts to combat the creatures which come through them and put them back where they belong to stop history from changing.
As the team slowly discovers the events, secrets and circumstances surrounding the 2006 Albertosaurus incursion which led to the team coming together in the first place, a secondary focus is on Colonel Hall's secret plans for the Anomalies and the creatures through Project Magnet.
|Title||Promo Image||Writer/s||Director||Air date||Serial|
|The New World||Judith and|
|Martin Wood||29 October 2012||1|
|When prehistoric creatures start appearing in Vancouver, it falls to a small team of civilians to handle the deadly predators, and to investigate the Anomalies in time they're coming through.|
|Andy Mikita||5 November 2012||2|
|Evan and Mac investigate a prehistoric sea serpent terrorizing the waters near disputed First-Nations territory. Dylan faces a crossroads when Evan recruits her to join his team.|
|Fear of Flying||Jon Cooksey||Mike Rohl||12 November 2012||3|
|When a cargo plane disappears into an Anomaly, Evan and Dylan attempt a search and rescue mission into the distant and dangerous past.|
|Angry Birds||Gillian Horvath||Andy Mikita||19 November 2012||4|
|Evan and Dylan are taken hostage by two drug dealers while investigating an Anomaly in a vintage train yard.|
|Undone||Sarah Dodd||Mike Rohl||26 November 2012||5|
|An Anomaly opens at a local university unleashing a Lycaenops on students, and leaving our team with a dilemma when the creature gets stranded in the present day.|
|Clean Up on Aisle Three||Peter Hume||Amanda Tapping||3 December 2012||6|
|Evan, Dylan and Mac face off against a pack of clever little dinosaurs that have taken over a home & garden store.|
|Babes in the Woods||Katherine Collins||Andy Mikita||10 December 2012||7|
|An Anomaly opens up near a 'Fatal Babes' photo shoot, putting some of Toby's friends – including her ex – in the line of fire.|
|Truth||Gillian Horvath||Amanda Tapping||17 December 2012||8|
|A Pachycephalosaurus shows up in the city, while closer to home Evan comes face-to-face with the same Albertosaurus that killed his wife.|
|Andy Mikita||22 January 2013||9|
|When footage of a Triceratops goes viral, Evan and Dylan track the creature to an upscale neighbourhood, and the home of Evan's old rival, Howard Kanan.|
|The Great Escape||Dennis Heaton||Amanda Tapping||29 January 2013||10|
|Evan and Dylan are shocked to find that Leggy, a baby terror bird , is now grown and dangerous… and has escaped from a secret government laboratory.|
|The Inquisition||Jon Cooksey||Martin Wood||5 February 2013||11|
|While Dylan and Mac hunt for information on the government's secret lab, Evan goes up against Colonel Henderson Hall, who wants full access to the Anomalies.|
|The Sound of Thunder: Part 1||Peter Hume||Martin Wood||12 February 2013||12|
|When Toby is stung by a poisonous Brontoscorpio, Evan and Dylan must chase the creature back through the Anomaly to get a sample of its venom. But can they get back in time?|
|The Sound of Thunder: Part 2||Gillian Horvath,|
|Martin Wood||19 February 2013||13|
|Connor Temple returns, and Evan faces his moment of truth against the Albertosaurus that killed his wife.|
- Niall Matter as Evan Cross
- Sara Canning as Dylan Weir
- Danny Rahim as Mac Rendell
- Crystal Lowe as Toby Nance
- Geoff Gustafson as Lieutenant Ken Leeds
- Miranda Frigon as Angelika Finch
- Andrew-Lee Potts as Connor Temple
- Tom Butler as Tony Drake
- Adrian Holmes as Detective Harlow
- Jodi Balfour as Samantha Sedaris
- Kimberly Sustad as Brooke Cross
- Louis Ferriera as Colonel Henderson Hall
- Dan Payne as Major Douglas
- Eric Breker as Sergeant Macready
- William Belleau as Leo John
- Sandy Sidhu as Pallavi Grewal
- Patrick Gilmore as Blake
- Kett Turton as Skeezer
- Colin Ferguson as Howard Kanan
- Lexa Doig as Doctor Mara Fridkin
- Robert Lawrenson as Kieran Coles
- Canada - SPACE
- United Kingdom - Watch
- United States of America - SyFy and Hulu
- France - SyFy nrj12
- Germany - ProSieben
- Turkey - D-Smart
- Italy - AXN Sci-Fi
- Poland - Sci-Fi Channel
- Slovenia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Croatia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Kosovo - Sci-Fi Channel
- Macedonia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Serbia - Sci-Fi Channel
- Montenegro - Sci-Fi Channel
- Bosnia Herzegovina - Sci-Fi Channel
- Albania - Sci-Fi Channel
The DVD release of Primeval: New World includes several modified and additional scenes in some episodes, that were not in the original Canadian broadcast version:
- The New World - Evan has his flashback of the 2006 Albertosaurus incursion after returning to the Tank from the Anomaly hunt with Drake in Stanley Park instead of at the end of the episode.
- Clean Up on Aisle Three - After the Canadian Tire security guard's body and the Hindu artefact are found, Dylan sings a Hindu lullaby as Mac and Evan watch, then explains the song's significance to them.
- Babes in the Woods - At the very end, there is an epilogue scene at the end, in which Ken Leeds and Major Douglas arrive back at the military laboratory from Mount Seymour and discuss the former's loyalties.
- Primeval: New World was split into two parts, the first part consisting of episodes 1 - 8, and the second of episodes 9 - 13.
- This is currently the last canon Primeval content made.
- New World never featured any creatures from the future.
- Primeval: New Worlds website claimed that sixteen CGI models were created for the series but only twelve prehistoric creatures were seen and one present day bear.
- Some early synopsis' of the series said that Connor Temple would travel to Vancouver in the first episode, to set up a new Anomaly research team, however, he just encountered the Special Projects Group.
- Primeval: New World was broadcast for the first time in Spain on Syfy on the 10th November 2016. It was marketed under the title Primeval: El Nuevo Mundo, translating to Primeval: The New World.
- See also http://primevalnewworld.com
|Primeval: New World|
|Primeval New World Main Characters|
|Main: Evan Cross • Dylan Weir • Mac Rendell • Toby Nance • Angelika Finch • Ken Leeds|
Secondary: Henderson Hall • Samantha Sedaris • Harlow • Connor Temple
|Primeval New World Creatures|
|Primeval New World Locations|
|Primeval New World Anomalies|